The Social Institute Announces Inaugural Social-Emotional Learning Summit for Educators on August 19 – 20
AUGUST 3, 2020: Durham, N.C. – The Social Institute (TSI) announced today that they will be hosting their inaugural #WinAtSocial Summit: Empowering educators in SEL, Social Media, and Technology on August 19-20, 2020.
This free, two-day immersive experience will bring together leading voices and experts to discuss best-in-class strategies for social-emotional learning (SEL), crafted for the digital classroom. Join us to explore ways we can support students’ health, happiness, and future success.
TSI Founder and CEO, Laura Tierney, shared, “This intersection of social-emotional learning (SEL), diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), and social media and technology is quickly becoming a game-changer for educators to support their student’s well-being during these difficult times, and it will be essential as schools start classes this fall. Our mission with the Summit is to educate, equip, and inspire educators to empower students this coming school year with managing their social-emotional well being in healthy and positive ways.”
The #WinAtSocial Summit will showcase innovative thought leaders and expert educators from across the country, including TSI partner schools, who will address key topics relevant to educators moving into remote, hybrid, or in-class learning settings this coming fall. Topics include:
- Leveraging SEL to further distinguish your school and strengthen enrollment
- Helping students and families navigate social media and technology
- Best practices to facilitate SEL during remote, in-person, or hybrid scenarios
- Senior administrators’ advice to embed SEL into your school culture and schedule
- The research behind SEL and how it impacts student performance
- How to creatively fund SEL at your school
Featured speakers include:
- Laura Tierney, Founder and CEO, The Social Institute
- Doreen Kelly, Head of School, Ravenscroft (NC), TSI Partner School
- Colby Morgan, Enrollment Management Association
- Susan Perry, Ph.D., MSW, LCSW, Student Health Consultant
- Candyce Owens, Dean of Students, Gaston Day (NC), TSI Partner School
The #WinAtSocial Summit is crafted for educators who champion SEL at their school, including:
- Senior Administrators
- Teachers, Advisors, and Faculty Members
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Directors
- Student leaders who collaborate on the school’s SEL efforts
- Parent Association leaders
At the Summit, attendees will navigate immersive sessions and panels, network with influencers, and collect actionable insights, SEL lessons, and resources that students respect and embrace.
The Social Institute will be providing attendee badges after the event for schools that accept credits for professional development webinar training.
The Summit will also feature exclusive training sessions for TSI’s partner school community, including administrators who lead the #WinAtSocial program and faculty who facilitate #WinAtSocial lessons. Please review the Summit schedule for further details.
About The Social Institute
The Social Institute partners with schools nationwide to empower students, parents, and educators to navigate social-emotional health, social media, and technology positively through comprehensive, gamified lessons that meet students on their level. We have partnered with forward-thinking institutions across the nation, including Ravenscroft School, Gaston Day School, Miss Porter’s School, Gilman School, Woodward Academy, U.S. Olympic athletes, Duke Men’s Basketball, ESPN, and others. For more information, contact us.