Recruiting and Operations Coordinator
Position Location: Durham, NC (potential remote employment)
About The Social Institute
The Social Institute (TSI) offers a gamified, online learning platform that equips students, educators, and families to navigate social experiences — online and offline — in positive, high-character ways. Our comprehensive curriculum teaches life skills for the modern day, inspiring positive decision-making that supports the health, happiness, and future success of students. Lessons take a unique, student-respected approach that proactively addresses social media, technology use, current events, and other important student experiences. For schools, our turnkey technology allows for easy implementation and a comprehensive gameplan for supporting the well-being of school communities. We have partnered with Ravenscroft School, Gaston Day School, The Bryn Mawr School, Gilman School, Woodward Academy, U.S. Olympic athletes, Duke Men’s Basketball, ESPN, and other forward-thinking institutions around the nation.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Operations team. On this team, you would participate in key decisions at a fast-growing company, where we focus on building high-performing teams. Our employees believe in our mission of serving students and bring energy and excellence to our organization. We believe in the “corporate athlete” – someone who can perform when they need to, rest when they need to, and feel empowered to achieve their goals in healthy ways.
- Manage recruiting efforts for all employees and interns.
- Collaborate with Operations leadership to identify company hiring needs.
- Use online search resources, career fairs, and networking to find excellent candidates, then ask smart questions to qualify and recruit the best candidates.
- Project manage the hiring process, track candidates through the recruiting pipeline, and gather feedback from TSI stakeholders, while providing a positive candidate experience from the first conversation onward.
- Track KPI’s and measure recruiting efforts to build on our best practices of effective recruiting strategies.
- Write job descriptions and post them online and in various job boards.
- Review and prioritize resumes.
- Screen and schedule candidates in a timely and consistent manner.
- Manage the TSI Internship Program.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Operations to manage new employee onboarding.
- Manage and maintain data in Hubspot, our Customer Relationship Management software, to ensure that all data is accurate.
- Manage HR benefits, including but not limited, setting up payroll for new states, tracking benefits costs, assessing and making recommendations regarding changes to benefits plans.
- Support the CEO as needed on conference logistics.
- Other projects as assigned by the CEO.
- 1-3 years of operations, human resources, or customer service experience, preferably at a SaaS technology company.
- A high level of self-motivation, energy, and drive to succeed.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving with a willingness to test and determine the best solution.
- Motivated by social impact.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Competitive compensation
- 401K plan
- Employer Paid Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Potential to work remotely
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free parking in downtown Durham, NC
- Lunches & team activities for employees at the office
Please send a completed application (http://bit.ly/TSIemploymentapplication), your CV, and a brief Cover Letter explaining what makes you a good fit for The Social Institute team to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Recruiting and Operations Coordinator – The Social Institute”.
The Social Institute is an equal opportunity employer and participant of the E-Verify Program.