Summer & Fall 2023 Internships
About The Social Institute
The Social Institute (TSI) is the leader in understanding student experiences and creator of #WinAtSocial, a gamified, online learning platform that equips students, educators, and families to navigate social experiences — online and offline — in healthy ways. Our unique, student-respected approach incorporates topics like social media, technology use, and current events that have a significant impact on student well-being. Lessons teach life skills for the modern day to inspire high-character decisions that support the health, happiness, and future success of students, while capturing data that provides insights to school leaders to inform school policy and communications, and enable high-impact teaching and a healthy learning environment. For schools, our turnkey technology allows for easy implementation and a comprehensive game plan to support the well-being of school communities.
About Our Internships
Looking to gain experience with an ed-tech startup that makes a positive impact on students nationwide? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Interested in the intersection of psychology, social media, education, technology, and gamification? Consider applying for one of the opportunities below to help empower students across the nation. Join The Social Institute team for an internship during Summer or Fall 2023.
Why Team Up With Us
- Each day you show up, you help students nationwide make positive choices on social media and ensure their socio-emotional health.
- Take on projects that have a direct impact on the organization’s goals and progress.
- Complete meaningful tasks that strengthen your soft skills and hard skills.
- Apply your experience to a relevant academic course to earn credit(s).
- Participate in educational professional development sessions to grow professional skills.
- Gain valuable insight into and consideration for a full-time opportunity with the company.
- List the position and The Social Institute on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Paid internship (starting at $14/hour)
- Flexibility on start/end dates and hours per week
- Ability to work completely remotely
- Writing and Editing
- Graphic Design
- Website/Product Development
- Social Media Management
- Data Analysis and Management
- Virtual Public Speaking
- Sales/Business Development
- Sales Operations
- Video Production
From a Former Intern
“My experience interning with The Social Institute was by far the highlight of my summer. Each day, I was inspired by the leadership, camaraderie, and grit that this team consistently exhibits. It was incredible to participate in the contagious energy of a first-class start-up while having the chance to make a real impact on the company and on students across the nation. A takeaway that I gained from this experience that deeply resonated with me is that there is no time to waste to get started. The team encouraged me to be resourceful, ask questions, and not be afraid to make mistakes. The Social Institute family created an environment where I could grow both personally and professionally, and for that, I could not be more grateful.” – Student at UNC-Chapel Hill
Please send a completed application (https://bit.ly/InternshipApplicationTSI), Resume, and a brief Cover Letter explaining what makes you a good fit for The Social Institute team to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship Candidate – The Social Institute”.