Summer 2021 Interns
About the Social Institute
The Social Institute partners with schools nationwide to empower students, parents, and educators to navigate social-emotional health, social media, and technology positively through comprehensive, gamified lessons that meet students on their level. By reinforcing character strengths like empathy, integrity, and teamwork and by showcasing their role models (from student leaders to U.S. Olympians), we help students be their best selves to “win at social” — social interactions and social media. We bridge the needs of students and parents. We have partnered with Ravenscroft School, Gaston Day School, The Bryn Mawr School, Gilman School, Woodward Academy, U.S. Olympic athletes, Duke Men’s Basketball, ESPN, and other forward-thinking institutions around the nation.
About Our Internships
Looking to gain experience with an ed-tech startup that makes a positive impact on students nationwide? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Interested in the intersection of psychology, social media, education, and gamification? Consider applying for one of the opportunities below to help empower students across the nation. Join The Social Institute team for an internship during Summer 2021.
Why Team Up With Us
- Each day you show up, you help students nationwide make positive choices on social media and ensure their socio-emotional health.
- Take on projects that have a direct impact on the organization’s goals and progress.
- Complete meaningful tasks that strengthen your soft skills and hard skills.
- Apply your experience to a relevant academic course to earn credit(s).
- Participate in educational professional development sessions to grow professional skills.
- Gain valuable insight into and consideration for a full-time opportunity with the company.
- List the position and The Social Institute on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Volunteer/unpaid internship
- Flexibility on start/end dates and hours per week
- Ability to work completely remotely
- Writing and Editing
- Graphic Design
- Website/Product Development
- Social Media Management
- Data Analysis and Management
- Virtual Public Speaking
- Email Marketing
- Video Production
From a College Freshman and Former Intern
“My experience interning with The Social Institute was by far the highlight of my summer. Each day, I was inspired by the leadership, camaraderie, and grit that this team consistently exhibits. It was incredible to participate in the contagious energy of a first-class start-up while having the chance to make a real impact on the company and on students across the nation. A takeaway that I gained from this experience that deeply resonated with me is that there is no time to waste to get started. The team encouraged me to be resourceful, ask questions, and not be afraid to make mistakes. The Social Institute family created an environment where I could grow both personally and professionally, and for that, I could not be more grateful.” – Freshman at UNC-Chapel Hill
To learn more, contact Kharynton Beggs, Project Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org