Position Location: Durham, NC (potential remote employment)
ABOUT THE SOCIAL INSTITUTE
The Social Institute partners with schools nationwide to empower students, parents, and educators to navigate social-emotional health, social media, and technology positively through comprehensive, gamified lessons that meet students on their level. By reinforcing character strengths like empathy, integrity, and teamwork and by showcasing their role models (from student leaders to U.S. Olympians), we help students be their best selves to “win at social” — social interactions and social media. We bridge the needs of students and parents. We have partnered with Ravenscroft School, Gaston Day School, The Bryn Mawr School, Gilman School, Woodward Academy, U.S. Olympic athletes, Duke Men’s Basketball, ESPN, and other forward-thinking institutions around the nation.
At The Social Institute, you’ll play a key role in developing and executing the marketing strategy. You’ll manage content creation for all marketing channels and get to create messaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategy for new and existing products. You will work cross-functionally across marketing, sales, customer success, and product to ensure we have strong and consistent messaging and content across all touch points. In this leadership role, you will create marketing content, manage work collaboratively with senior leaders, own competitive intelligence, and more. The position requires a proven capacity to set, manage, and surpass expectations, entrepreneurial startup experience, and a desire to win.
- Lead the marketing team to increase lead generation and produce high-value thought leadership experiences.
- Propose strategic business recommendations and collaborate closely with the leadership team to hit business milestones.
- Manage content distribution across all channels including social media, blog, press, email marketing and more.
- Develop articles, whitepapers, infographics, and product collateral to ensure our sales team is equipped with the tools they need.
- Own The Social Institute’s student-led brand voice and ensure consistency across all channels.
- Represent The Social Institute during on-site customer meetings, webinars, and conferences.
- Manage product messaging and positioning for existing and new products.
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategy for all products.
- Oversee website messaging and content strategy.
- Partner with the product team to promote feature enhancements.
- Create thought leadership presentations for webinars and events.
- Manage events and conferences (presentation, sponsorship, attendance).
- Conduct competitor research and continually analyze and report back on market trends.
- 5-8 years of experience in marketing or related roles, working in EdTech, SaaS software, or other education technology products.
- Demonstrated leadership experience scaling a team and taking the initiative to drive results.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills working with senior executives.
- Preferably a strong knowledge of K-12 education, including technology practices.
- College / University 4-year degree from an accredited school.
- Analytics, with the ability to generate insights from data and apply those insights to strategic decisions.
- Ability to capture the voice of the TSI brand through writing, video, and images.
- Video production for social media, with a focus on editing video for high impact storytelling.
- Producing articles, including strategy, outlines, and copy review.
- Excellent eye for graphic design, with experience working with creative directors or talented designers.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful. As an early member of a startup, we need people who can find creative ways to make a big impact without massive amounts of resources.
- Dedication to drive continuous improvement in our marketing and growth efforts.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with teams including product, sales, and customer success to successfully manage projects from strategy to execution.
- A genuine desire to embrace the privilege of leadership within a growing team, culture, and brand with ambition, focus, creativity, motivation, and empowerment.
- Competitive compensation
- 401K plan
- Employer paid Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Potential to work remotely
- Paid Time Off
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
When we’re back in the office…
- Regular company events with our winning team
- Free parking in downtown Durham, NC
- Weekly free lunches and snacks
- Office space at one of the top co-working spaces in Raleigh-Durham
Please send a completed application (http://bit.ly/TSIemploymentapplication), your CV, and a brief Cover Letter explaining what makes you a good fit for The Social Institute team to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Manager – The Social Institute”.
The Social Institute is an equal opportunity employer and participant of the E-Verify Program.