Customer Success Manager
Position Location: Durham, NC (potential remote employment)
About the Social Institute
The Social Institute partners with schools nationwide to empower students, parents, and educators to navigate social-emotional health, social media, and technology positively through comprehensive, gamified lessons that meet students on their level. By reinforcing character strengths like empathy, integrity, and teamwork and by showcasing their role models (from student leaders to the U.S. Olympians), we help students be their best selves to “win at social” — social interactions and social media. We bridge the needs of students and parents. We have partnered with Ravenscroft School, Gaston Day School, The Bryn Mawr School, Gilman School, Woodward Academy, U.S. Olympic athletes, Duke Men’s Basketball, ESPN, and other forward-thinking institutions around the nation.
At The Social Institute, the Customer Success team builds deep relationships with partner schools to understand their needs, drive positive outcomes, and deliver value through our products and services. Customer Success Managers work closely with our sales team to understand how we can better serve the needs of customers, while also serving as a strategic advisor to customers.
- Provide high-value customer engagement that supports students, educators, and families at partner schools.
- Influence and build strong working relationships with partner school leaders and navigate complex school organizational structures to drive our go-to-market strategy.
- Increase product adoption and revenue through a high-touch, consultative approach.
- Understand The Social Institute’s technology deeply to answer customer questions and address customer feedback thoughtfully, professionally, and quickly.
- Onboard new customers by leading meetings, walking customers through the product and executing an implementation plan that fits their needs.
- Develop strategic success plans for school stakeholders and demonstrate how tactical strategies are delivering positive business outcomes.
- Analyze customer data to inform how we engage customers, deliver value and identify sales opportunities.
- Represent The Social Institute during on-site customer meetings, webinars, and conferences.
- Provide customer input and insights to the Director of Customer Success.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop expansion opportunities at partner schools.
- 5-7+ years of customer success, account management, or consulting experience.
- Experience providing insights, building relationships with, and driving value to executive-level contacts in B2B.
- Experience building, analyzing, and interpreting customer data to influence stakeholder decision-making.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects at the same time.
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving with a willingness to test and determine the best solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working collaboratively or cross-functionally with other teams.
- Ability to learn new software and work in customer management systems.
- Strong knowledge of K-12 education, including technology practices, is preferred.
- Customer-facing experience in a SaaS company is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- 401K plan
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Potential to work remotely
- Paid Time Off
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
When we’re back in the office…
- Regular company events with our winning team
- Free parking in downtown Durham, NC
- Weekly free lunches and snacks
- Office space at one of the top co-working spaces in Raleigh-Durham
Please send a completed application (http://bit.ly/TSIemploymentapplication), your CV, and a brief Cover Letter explaining what makes you a good fit for The Social Institute team to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Customer Success Manager – The Social Institute”.
The Social Institute is an equal opportunity employer and participant of the E-Verify Program.