Customer Success Manager
Position Location: Durham, NC (potential remote employment)
About The Social Institute
The Social Institute (TSI) is the leader in understanding student experiences and creator of #WinAtSocial, a gamified, online learning platform that equips students, educators, and families to navigate social experiences — online and offline — in healthy ways. Our unique, student-respected approach incorporates topics like social media, technology use, and current events that have a significant impact on student well-being. Lessons teach life skills for the modern day to inspire high-character decisions that support the health, happiness, and future success of students, while capturing data that provides insights to school leaders to inform school policy and communications, and enable high-impact teaching and a healthy learning environment. For schools, our turnkey technology allows for easy implementation and a comprehensive game plan to support the well-being of school communities.
At The Social Institute, the Customer Success team builds deep relationships with partner schools to understand their needs, drive positive outcomes, and deliver value through our products and services. Customer Success Managers work closely with our sales team to understand how we can better serve the needs of customers, while also serving as a strategic advisor to customers.
- Provide high-value customer engagement that supports students, educators, and families at partner schools.
- Influence and build strong working relationships with partner school leaders and navigate complex school organizational structures to drive our go-to-market strategy.
- Increase product adoption and revenue through a high-touch, consultative approach.
- Understand The Social Institute’s technology deeply to answer customer questions and address customer feedback thoughtfully, professionally, and quickly.
- Onboard new customers by leading meetings, walking customers through the product and executing an implementation plan that fits their needs.
- Develop strategic success plans for school stakeholders and demonstrate how tactical strategies are delivering positive business outcomes.
- Analyze customer data to inform how we engage customers, deliver value and identify sales opportunities.
- Represent The Social Institute during on-site customer meetings, webinars, and conferences.
- Provide customer input and insights to the Director of Customer Success.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop expansion opportunities at partner schools.
- 5-7+ years of customer success, account management, or consulting experience.
- Experience providing insights, building relationships with, and driving value to executive-level contacts in B2B.
- Experience building, analyzing, and interpreting customer data to influence stakeholder decision-making.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects at the same time.
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving with a willingness to test and determine the best solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working collaboratively or cross-functionally with other teams.
- Ability to learn new software and work in customer management systems.
- Strong knowledge of K-12 education, including technology practices, is preferred.
- Customer-facing experience in a SaaS company is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- 401K plan
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Potential to work remotely
- Paid Time Off
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free parking in downtown Durham, NC
- Lunches & team activities for employees at the office
Please send a completed application (http://bit.ly/TSIemploymentapplication), your CV, and a brief Cover Letter explaining what makes you a good fit for The Social Institute team to email@example.com with the subject line “Customer Success Manager – The Social Institute”.
The Social Institute is an equal opportunity employer and participant of the E-Verify Program.